Wednesday, September 1, 2010

TEE 276 - Capture/Refletion 1 - Got a new Blog as of 9/1/2010

So, not sure exactly how formal you would like these posts, but it seems more so as a means of communicating our learnings with you that I am paying attention and trying to learn and grow in an effort to become an effective teacher.

I've often thought about my teaching philosophy, and actually started a basic writeup once in a coaching class I took a while back. Teaching has been a great desire of mine, an opportunity to do more then just design or build, but rather share and captivate others to find passion and love for a subject or trade. In class you listed and discussed with us the importance of asking yourself questions in the development of your personal philosophy. Some of the questions you've posed and I've thought about are: Why am I doing this? Can I be more then just an average teacher? Do I want to be more then average? How do I create an environment to cultivate and enhance my students? The questions are endless, but needed; this was a valuable lesson for me to help myself get started, thinking deeper as to why I want to teach. Aside from the questions you asked, you stated to us that we ned to think deep as to the whys because otherwise teaching will be no more than a job or career rather than a passion and way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment