Thursday, December 2, 2010

Capture/Reflection 10 - 11/16/2010

So this last week I didn't have class, we don't have any more readings due technically, and so I thinks it's safe to say that these reflections are hard because I don't have a whole lot directly related to the class to reflect on. Outside of all such though I do feel I can reflect on experiences I've had with others and teaching. Over the Thanksgiving break my wife taught a simple two and a half hour workshop for one of her classes in her major. She is not in a teaching major but rather in family studies where they still do do a lot of teaching and program development. As far as reflection to such an experience I look at the importance of planning and preparation. Now my wife worked very very hard to plan and prepare for this workshop she gave, and do to such gave an amazing workshop. She could have done just enough to slide by in the class and, but she didn't because of passion and her desire to really learn and prepare for future career opportunities. Due to her preparation the two and a half hour program was not a bore or disaster, but very informative and interactive. As teachers we need to realize the importance of preparation and planning, something I am striving to better realize and apply. We know that it's important, but do we know just how important it really is. I hope that we as teachers will have that passion my wife does, catch the vision of the difference we can make, and plan and prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment